Hey guys,
I'm here to show you one of my favourite makeup looks. It is inspired by the 60's and in particular Twiggy, who is a model and an icon of that time. It was also inspired by the Iconic Pro palette from Makeup Revolution as I want to push myself to create multiple, distinct looks with one palette. I hope you like it and that you try it out.
Face:
I started out with an already done base and brows. Here's what I used:
L'Oread Infallible 24H Matte Foundation in 010 Porcelain
Catrice Camouflage Cream in Ivory
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent
Inglot 378 Eyeshadow
Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown
I then began to heavily contour my cheekbones, my jawline, forehead and nose to mimic Twiggy's strong featured. For this I used the Bahama Mama Bronzer from The Balm with the Zoeva 109 Luxe Face Paint Brush.
Eyes:
For the eyes I used the Iconic Pro palette from Makeup Revolution. To start off I applied the shade Ghost which is a matte white all over my upper lid, up to the browbone and inner corner of the lid.
I then applied the shade Fade which is a pale grey-brown colour with the MAC 217 brush above my crease blending it in a straight line (not pulling it towards the lower corner of the lid.
And this is where things started getting tricky. I drew a rounded line with black gel liner above my actual crease with an angled brush to create a new crease. I tried to do it pretty neatly but it didn't need to be super perfect ( although the more even the better).
I then blended the line slightly with the shade Pitch (black colour) with a fluffier angled brush.
Then with a pencil blending brush I blended the shade Afflicted (dark matte brown) over the top of the line (make sure not to blend below it, we're trying to keep that line harsh).
I then went back in with the shade Fade and the MAC 217 brush and blended out the top of that shade.
I then went back in with the black liner to make the line thicker and more even.
Then I used the shade Pitch (black) with a small blending brush to blend out the top of that line.
I then went back with the shades Fade and Pitch until I achieved the desired effect .
On my lid I used the shade Need which is a shimmery pinky-nude with a synthetic brush. I patted this shade in to get an opaque colour and I used it to clean up the cut crease.
I then applied some gel winged liner which I connected to the corner of the cut crease.
I then used the shade Ghost (matte white) in my inner corner, along my lower lash line and along the outer edge of my liner and cut crease to open up my eye and to emphasise the edge of the shadows.
Then I used a bobby pin ( I know, very professional) to apply gel liner along my lower lashline to draw small dots which could often be seen in Twiggy's looks.
Normally for this look I would use false lashes as they were super popular in the 60's but I was testing out a secret makeup product (review coming soon) so I skipped them. I just made sure to apply a heavy amount of mascara on my lower lashline.
Finishing Touches:
For my blush I used the shade Treat from Makeup Revolution which is a peachy shade.
I then applied the Mary-Loumanizer highlighter from The Balm to the tops of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and my Cupid's bow.
For my lips I used the Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Cream in the shade Can't we just make love instead.
Finished Look
I hope that you enjoyed this post and that you love this makeup look as much as I do and that you try it out for yourself. I'll see you in my next post.
Mollie
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment