Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Makeup collection downsize


Hey guys,

and welcome to day 5 with Mollie's Cup of Tea. Today I'm going to take you through the downsizing of my makeup "collection" and the outcome of that. I got rid off the makeup that was out of date or that I didn't enjoy using to make space for some new products as my drawers were incredibly messy and overpacked.

Face products

I started out with 6 foundations. I threw two out because they were empty. Had one of them been full, Rimmel Match Perfection I would have left it. The other one, Bourjois Healthy Mix I would have gotten off any way because although I have the lightest shade, it is far too dark for me and it does not suit my skin type at all as it is a glowy foundation and I have oily skin so I end up looking like a lighthouse when wearing this. 



Then I went onto the other face stuff such as concealers and bases. I downsized from having 3 bases and 4 concealers to 2 bases and 3 concealers. I was not a fan of the consistency of the products that I got rid off so I didn't use them and it was time to say goodbye.




Next it was time for all the colourful face products. I started out with 9 blushes, 3 highlighters and 2 bronzers and I got rid off 2 blushes, 1 highlighter and 1 bronzer. 





Eyeproducts

This was the moderlode of my makeup. First I tackled all the single eye products.


On the left I have the products which I was getting rid off which was 14 and on the rid I have have the products which I kept which came to a grand total of 11 which means that I got rid off over half of what I had!




It was time for palettes next. This was hard. Really hard. I started off with 19 and got rid off 5 which I was happy with since I love and use the rest of the palettes.






Lip products

I started off with 26 lipsticks and I managed to only keep 15. Whoop whoop. I realised I had 3 orange lipsticks that were extremely similar which was a sign that it was definitively time to downsize.




It also turned out that I had an abundance of lip glosses. 19 of them in total. Unfortunately I only managed to get rid off 6 but they were all too pretty to throw away.



This is the finished result:










Makeup I got rid off:




Total at the beginning: 116 products
End total : 72

I hope that you enjoyed this post and that you'll do some makeup purging yourself. I'll see you tomorrow in my next post.

Mollie
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment