Hey guys,
welcome to the 4th day with a week with Mollie's Cup of Tea. I was on YouTube this morning and I came across the This or That Beauty Tag. The idea of it is that I choose between two beauty options based on personal preference. I hope that you enjoy this post.
Questions:
Makeup:
1. blush or bronzer - Blush. As an extremely pale person, once I apply my base I'm fit to play Caspar the Friendly Ghost so I think that a little bit of blush brings some life onto my face.
2. lipgloss or lipstick - As a young teen I loved lipgloss. Now I rarely use it because it's sticky and it wears off far too fast. Lipstick on the other hand stays on for hours, even the crappiest one, and it's non sticky so I much prefer it.
3. eyeliner or mascara - Mascara, definitively. Eyeliner without the former would just look plain weird.
4. foundation or concealer - This is a hard one. My skin is very problematic. I have bad acne scars so even when my skin has no break outs it looks pretty uneven. But leaving my dark circles untouched... eh could look pretty messy. Overall however, I think that a good foundation could do a decent job at covering everything that needs to be covered and it can double up as a concealer, so that is definitively my choice.
5. neutral or colourful eyeshadow - As much as I enjoy creative, colourful eyelooks but on an everyday basis I much prefer neutrals.
6. pressed or loose eyeshadow - pressed eyeshadow is much easier to use and a lot less messy.
7. brushes or sponges - I prefer brushes because sponges have a tenancy to sheer foundation which I prefer to be full coverage with a flawless finish.
Nails:
1. China glaze or OPI - I have tried neither so I can't choose.
2. long or short - Out of practicality, short. They require far less maintenance.
3. acrylic or natural - natural all the way.
4. brights or darks - I like both but dark ones look good all year round so that's what I'm going to choose.
5. flower or no flower - you what? no idea what this questions is asking
Body:
1. Perfume or body splash - perfume. I find re-applying scents throughout the day just a tad tedious so I prefer perfumes as they tend to be very long lasting, or at least more long lasting than body mists.
2. lotion or body butter - body butter purely because they come in jars which are far easier to navigate when your hands get greasy. And it's easier to get the exact amount needed so no product gets wasted.
3. body wash or soap - Body wash because it just smells so damn good.
4. lush or other bath company - I think Lush is very overpriced so I never buy myself anything from there. So any other, more affordable bath company.
Fashion:
1. jeans or sweat pants - I don't wear sweat pants in public. I consider them to be lounge wear so I think they look lazy and scruffy when worn out, at least on me. So definitively jeans.
2. long sleeve or short - short. I like layering and it's hard to find nice long sleeve tops.
3. dresses or skirts - dresses because they're the simplest thing to throw on and look put together.
4. stripes or plaid - I am currently obsessed with stripes but I currently own nothing (pretty sure of that but not 100%) in that pattern so I guess plaid of which I have plenty.
5. flip flops or sandals - sandals. Flip flops flop about far too much and they are far more appropriate for the beach or pool I think.
6. scarves or hats - in recent months I've been a hat person despite having a trillion and one scarves so I'll have to say hats.
7. studs or dangly earrings - I loveeee making a statement with big dangly earrings.
8. necklaces or bracelets - bracelets are far too annoying to wear. They make noise when I'm moving my hands or using the computer and just genreally get in the way. Necklaces on the other hand do not get in the way and make a lovely, quiet statement.
9. heels or flats - day to day flats. Special occassions, heels. I love shoes so this question is not fair.
10. cowboy or riding boots - riding boots I guess. I've never worn or owned a cowboy pair of boots so maybe it'd be nice to try them out.
Hair:
1. curly or straight - wavy. I like how feminine and sexy it looks. Straight tends to look very neat, too neat.
2. bun or pony tail - I am forever wearing messy buns. Ponytails require more work and maintenance since I think they look better neat so definitively buns.
3. bobby pins or butterfly clips - Butterfly clips were cool when I was 5. That is no longer the case so bobby pins.
4. hair spray or gel - hair spray. I don't like my hair looking too sleek (read: greasy).
5. long or short - long, long, long and then some.
6. light or dark - as a brunette, I'll have to go with dark.
7. side sweep or full bangs - side sweep. I had full bangs for years and they were far too high maintenance.
8. up or down - down. I only put my hair up when it's getting a bit iffy.
I think that it shows pretty well that I'm a low maintenance when it comes to beauty so I like things simple and easy.I hope that you liked this tag and post.
Here are the previous posts from this week:
Day one : boho makeup
Day two : recent movie favourites
Day three : uni life lessons
I'll see you in my next post tomorrow.
Mollie
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment