I hope that you're all well. I'm here today with something a little bit different thanks to one of my friends. I've been lacking inspiration for ideas recently and she brought up the idea of doing the £20 makeup challenge. This means that all the products that I use must add up to no more than £20 in value. I thought at first that this would be easy as I use affordable makeup products on an everyday basis. I started gathering a few bits and bobs and I realised just as much it costs. I recently posted an everyday makeup tutorial here. I just did the product total and overall it cost me £90! That's quite a bit for someone who's on a budget. So let's try something a bit more affordable, shall we?
First I'm starting off with my bare, spotty face (my skin is having a major crisis).
Then I applied the One Foundation from Makeup Revolution (£4). It did not cover as well as I would have liked unfortunately so I decided to use some concealer.
I used the Makeup Revolution Concealer (£1.50). To my disappointment it barely covered anything so my dark circles were still shining through. I wish that I could have used a concealer with a higher coverage but it would have taken me over my budget.
Next I powdered my face to keep the shine away. I used my all time favourite which is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder (£3.99). This is a great affordable product but you've heard me rave about it enough so that's all I'm going to say about it.
Then I applied some blush also from Makeup Revolution in the colour Treat (£1) to liven up my face. I love this blush to bits as I find that peachy coloured blushes really warm up my face.
As I had no money in my budget to contour my face or to highlight it, I went straight to eyebrows and and eyes. I used the Essential Mattes palettes by Makeup Revolution (£4) for this. I think that this palette is a great bargain.
I used the darkest brown colour in the palette for my brows. I was not 100% happy with how they turned out as I'm so used to using a wax as the base for my eyebrows and without it they looked a little bit messy to me. However, the eyeshadow itself was a good match for me and applied well.
For my eyes, I started by applying the lightest shade in the palette all over my lid.
Then I used the darker purple shade in the palette in the crease to define it.
Then I used the same shade as I used for my brows to further deepen my crease.
Then I applied the pale pink shade from the palette to highlight my lid.
As I had no money in my budget for eyeliner, so I used the black shade from the same palette for this.
I also applied the same colour in the outer V of my eye because I attempted to do a winged eyeliner look but it didn't turn out right so I had to improvise. So instead I blended out the line to further define my eye further.
I finished off my look with the NYC Big Bold mascara (£3.99) in Extra Black and the Makeup Revolution lipstick in Rebel with a cause (£1).
Overall I think that it is very do-able to create a makeup look with £20 in your pocket. I think that the eyes and the lipstick are the strong points of this challenge and that the coverage of the concealer are it's downside.
I enjoyed making this makeup challenge post loads and I recommend that you attempt this too. I hope that you enjoyed this post and I'll see you in my next one.
Mollie
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment