Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 10 Makeup Revolution Products


Hey guys,

I hope that you're all well. I'm here today to showcase my favourite products of my favourite brand of 2014 which is Makeup Revolution. This brand stole my heart this year with it's affordability, quality and range. Many of the products are 'dupes' for higher end ones which is great as we can achieve the same sort of a look for a much lower price. I hope that you enjoy this post and Happy New Year!

1. The One Foundation - Shade 3 - This is an extremely liquid and lightweight foundation however it's coverage does not reflect that. It has medium to high coverage depending on how much you build it up and a matte finish. It wears extremely well as it stay on all day and doesn't create weird patches or emphasise imperfections. It creates the perfect base for any makeup look.


2. Ultra Bronze - This is a cool toned bronzer that is perfect for contouring or bronzing your face. It is very buildable as it doesn't go patchy on your face or create the appearance of muddy complexion. It's number one advantage for me is that it is a light bronzer as I am really pale but I think darker skin tones can use it as well if they apply it with a heavier hand.


3. Ultra Blush and Bronze Palette in Sugar and Spice - This blush and highlighter palette consits of 6 pink(y) blushes and 2 highlighters on which is a beautiful frosty white and one that is a shimmery pink. The colours are beautifully pigmented but not so that it's super easy to apply too much. I will say that I'm not the biggest fan of the dark pink highlighter as it's far too dark for my own skin tone but it would work well I think on people with a more tanned complextion than my own. It's a great palette of blushes to own as you get a lot of variety and choices and it's great start for beginners as it gives you plenty of colours to play with.


4. The Iconic Eyeshadow palettes - Technically these are 3 separate products but they go together. These are dupes for the Urban Decay Naked palettes but at a much lower prices. Buying all 3 costs one third of 1 Naked palette so if you love neutral shades and you dream of having one or more of the Naked palettes this is a great option for you. I own the Naked 2 palette and I have compared it to the Iconic 2 palette and the eyeshadows are extremely similar in colour and pigmentation. So if you fancy having a LOT of neutral eyeshadows I would recommend grabbing these.


5. Acid Brights palette - The polar opposite of the Iconic palettes as this palette is filled with 12 extremely colourful shades. Like the Iconic palettes it is inspired by an Urban Decay palette i.e. The Electric palette. The eyeshadows in this are extremely fun to play with and although it seems unwearable you can make it work by throwing in a couple of neutral shades and using the colours from this palette as a pop. Here's a couple of links to the looks I created with this palette:





6. The Essential Mattes palette - This is last eyeshadow palette that I want to show you from this brand. It consists of 12 neutral matte shades which are perfect to use on their own or to use with any other palette to create day and night looks. I love it because whenever I have a palette it always seems to be missing a matte shade that I need either a dark or light neutral one and that's when I pull this baby out. It's really good as well for creating a Kylie Jenner sort of a look which I did here.


7. Amazing Inner Eye Brightener - This is a pencil sort of a product that goes on your water line to make your eyes look more awake and bigger. I love this as it covers up the fact that I most definitively do not get my beauty sleep.



 8. Focus and Fix Eyebrow Shaping Kit in Medium/Dark - If you read any of my makeup tutorials you know that this is all I use for my eyebrows. There's 3 shadows for your brows in this kit as well as a wax which helps to tame wild brows, add shape and definition to your brows and/or add extra texture for an illusion that there's more brows up there than in reality. I will say however that the wax runs out much much quicker than the shadows which always annoys me cos I end up throwing away most of the product. If your eyebrows aren't as sparse as mine than it'll probably last you much longer. Nonetheless this is an amazing product and it's it worth giving it a go.


9.  Lipsticks - The Lipstick from this brand are extremly creamy and easy to work with and come in a variety of shades. My favourites are:
Treat - a brown, nude, better than my lips colour
100% Vamp - A very dark purple shade
Rebel with a cause - A dupe for MAC's Rebel which is a purply, pinky bold shade
Make it right - A true purple shade


10. Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights - This is a pinky highlighter that is similar in finish to Mary-Louminizer  from The Balm which I dream of having. I love it because it gives me the most natural, healthy glow without being obnoxiously bold.




I hope that you enjoyed this post and that you found a product or two (or 10) that you want to try out. Have a fabulous New Year and I'll see in my next post 

Mollie 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment