Hey guys,
I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas (or whatever you celebrate) and I wish you a happy New Year! I've been to say the least inactive on my facebook page and blog over the Christmas period but everyone needs a break. I do plan on making up for it in the coming posts which I hope you'll enjoy what I have planned for you.
Today I'm here with my 2014 makeup favourites which are the products that I enjoyed using the most this past year. I'm excluding some of my Makeup Revolution favourites unless I do not have a favourite in a category that is being mentioned. That brand itself was my favourite of the year and it got a post all of its own, here.Get ready for a super duper long post and enjoy.
Face
Primer:
Catrice Prime and Fine Pore Refining Anti-Shine Base - I think bases are something that once you start using it you can't stop because it just feels weird and unnatural. This one, like it says on the tin, is a makeup base that helps to smooth out the skin and help to control shine and I think it holds up to that promise. My foundation looks a lot better if I apply it and it stays in place for far longer and now I can't imagine skipping this step.
Foundation
L'Oreal True Match - This is a full coverage foundation with a semi-matte finish and that's super long lasting. It hides the vast majority of my acne scarring with just one layer and with two it manages to give me flawless skin. I absolutely love wearing it for special occasions and for everyday if I feel like dressing up or if my skin is doing a bit worse.
Concealer
Catrice Camouflage Cream - This is a full coverage concealer that is mega creamy. It works well both undearneath the eyes, around redness and on spots. It does everything basically. The only thing that is key when using this is to powder it well otherwise it'll slip and slide but other than that it's perfect.
Powder
Rimmel Stay Matte in Translucent - This powder is the bomb dot com. It keep my skin matte without looking cakey or fake or going patchy. I have a really oily T-zone so I am looking to keep that matte but I also don't want my face to look completely flat and lifeless and want a little glow to shine through sometimes and somehow this powder manages to do that. Ig you want to look matte but fresh at the same time you will love this product.
Contouring
Bronzer
Makeup Revolution Ultra Bronze - This bronzer is perfect for those with super pale skin like myself to contour or to warm the complexion with, but I think that it would work on darker skin tones too. It's very buildable, not too warm tones and it does't go patchy.
Blush
Makeup Revolution Sugar and Spice Blush palette - This past year I've been really into blush and so I couldn't pick just one to love and had to pick a whole bunch. This palette consists of some delicate dusty pink colours, brighter pinks, and corals as well as two highlighters. The blushes themselves are beautifully pigmented and smooth to apply and they stay on the skin very nicely throughout the day.
Highlighter
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights - This is a beautiful pinky highlighter that gives a very 'wet' effect when applied which means that it looks super glowy but natural at the same time. I works well with every blush that I use and I feel that it can do no wrong no matter how much you apply.
Eyeshadows
Disclaimer: I'm an eyeshadow junkie so I have a lot of palettes that I love and want to recommend
Makeup Revoltion Ultra 32 Eyeshadow Palette in Flawless - This palette consists of 32 beautifully pigmented neutral shades which can create an immense variety of looks. As the picture shows this palette is extremely well loved.
Inglot palette - Palettes from this brand are custom made i.e. you pick the colours you want to put in it. The colours I picked include 3 gold/champagne shades that are shimmery, 3 matte colours that go from very light to dark and 2 purples and one blue and one orange colour. I can basically create any day or night look with this on it's own or pair it with any other palette if it's missing any colours that I need e.g I use the purple colours from this palette with the neutral from the Flawless palette to create a beautiful smoky purple look. The best part of this palette is that it was made to my taste and needs so there is not one single colour in it that I don't enjoy.
MAC Warm Neautral 15 Eyeshadows Palette - This is a pre-built MAC palette that is worth £180 but is sold for around £60 so it is an amazing baragin. Apart from being a beautiful palette made of neutral shades I love it because it is my first MAC baby that I cherish using. The eyeshadows are of amazing quality that is worth paying for. There is no fallout with these as well as lovely pigmentation. If you want to dip your toe into MAC eyeshadows but aren't sure where to start I would recommend this palette.
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette - This is a makeup classic that everygirl should have. This palette is also also made up of warm toned neutrals (what can I say, they suit me). The colour variety in this palette is wide considering the fact that it consists of 12 eyeshadows. We get some browns, golds, pinks, silvers, dark purples and even a black. Basically every colour you need. The colours are extremly well pigmented but I will say a little goes a long way because if you grab too much on the brush you will get fallout so it's better to build the colours up instead of slapping them on.
Eyes and Brows
Eyeshadow base
Inglot Eyeshadow base - This is a flesh toned product that evens out the eyelid, makes the eyeshadows look more pigmented and stay in place longer without fading or creasing. I love it to bits as I do wear a lot of eyeshadow and I wear it for many hours so I want it to look good for as long as possible and this makes sure of it.
Mascara
NYC Big Bold in Extra Black - If you read my blog you know how much I love this mascara. It gives my amazing volume and length. If I build it up enough (2 very thick layers or more) it gives me a false lash effect. I have not a mascara ever that compared to this.
Makeup Revolution Amazing Inner Eye Brightner - This product really is amazing. It's a flesh toned pencil that I apply in my water line and it basically makes my eyes look bigger, more awake and brighter. It super long lasting as it stays put all day and super pigmented.
Lipstick
Soap and Glory in Missing Pink - This is a 'better than my lips' sort of a colour. It's creamy and the colour is nothing too special but somehow it pull together any look and just makes my lips look fantastic.
Rimmer Kate Lipstick in Shade 1 - This is my favourite red lipstick of the year. It super cool toned, pigmented and long lasting.
L'Oreal Lipstick in 362 - This is a brown shimmery colour that I love to use to create very grunge inspired looks which have been huge in 2014. It definitively stands out from the crowd.
Makeup Revolution Lipstick in 100% Vamp - This is a super deep purple shade that is an absolute show stopper. You can't walk by it without looking at it twice.
These were my favourite makeup products of 2014. I will write up a post about my beauty favourites soon as well. I hoped that you liked this and I'll see you soon.
Mollie xx
No comments:
Post a Comment