Saturday, December 20, 2014

Purple Glam


Hey guys,

I'm so happy to be back on my laptop writing on my blog. I had a horrid, horrid week. I got a job which wore me out and the weather was horrible and so far not many happy things have occurred. However, there's no need to dwell on it and time to focus on happy things. Like this tutorial or the fact that I'm going iceskating for the first time tomorrow. Let's start with the tutorial :)

I did my base off screen but here's what I used:
Foundation - Rimmel Match Perfection in Light Porcelain
Concealer - Maybelline Eye Eraser
Eyelid Primer - Inglot
Powder - Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent
Eyebrows - Makeup Revolution Focus & Fix Kit in Medium/Dark





I started off with applying a pale, matte eyeshadow all over my lid to highlight my brow bone and matify the lid itself.



Then I used neon pink shade from the Acid Brights palette from Makeup Revolution to define my eye crease.



I then used the purple shade from the same palette  with a precise blending brush in the crease as well but not blending it out as much. I wanted the pink to peek through on top but the crease to look purple and deep,









I then added a really dark purple shade into my very crease and also to the outer and inner part of my lid, leaving the middle blank. The shade I used for this was from Inglot in the shade 446.





Then I used a gold shimmery shade in the blank space in the middle of my eyelid with a wet eyeshadow brush in order to achieve the best pigmentation and the most sparkle. The shade I used was 110 from Inglot but any light, shimmery shade will do.





At this point the light decided to go to ... poo. But you can see the colours in the pictures above. At this point I just lined my eyes with a black felt-tip liner along my lashline. I kept the line fairly thin and wing free in order to not cover up the eyeshadows.



On my lips I used a bright purple lipstick in Make It Right from Makeup Revolution with which I am in love. You can always opt for something more subtle but I wanted to go all out. I also used some pinky blush on my cheeks to liven up my face.

The finished look







Thank you for reading my post and I hope that you like the makeup look and that you'll give it a go. I'll see you in my next one.

Mollie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment