Hey guys,
I finally managed to shoot a tutorial for you guys. I was inspired by the winter season. I wanted to do something different from the bog standard gold eye and red lip combo that is the typical Christmas look. I think this look would either be a great for a Christmas or New Year's party. I hope that you like it and please enjoy.
Step 1 - Base
I started out by applying The One Foundation from Makeup Revolution with a flat top brush to even out my skintone.
Then I applied the Catrice Camouflage Cream in 010 Ivory with my fingertips under my eyes and over imperfections to cover then. I also then primed my eyelids with the eyeshadow base from Inglot.
Next I applied some Cream Blush from Makeup Revolution in Rose Cream to my cheeks and blended it out with my fingertips.
To finish my base off I used the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent with a fluffy face brush to make sure my makeup stays put and that my face doesn't shine like a greasy disco ball.
The finished base
Step 2 - Contouring and eyebrows
I applied the Ultra Bronze bronzer from Makeup Revolution in the hollows of my cheeks and on my jaw line to define my face.
Since I already used a blush, I applied the Vivid Baked Highlighter from the same brand to the tops of my cheeks to give my face some glow.
I then defined my eyebrows with the Focus & Fix Kit in Medium Dark. Here's Step 2 all done.
Step 3 - The eyes
I used a matte baige eyeshadow all over my lid to even it out.
Then I applied some light brown matte shade to my crease very delicately in order to define it.
Then it was time to start drawing the wing. I took the black eyeshadow from The Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette in Acid Brights and created a crescent shape an the end of my eye, extending it quite far out and up.
Then it got hard to explain so this is what the shape looked like. It looks quite messy at this point but I do make it look nice and neat by the end.
Once I drew the shape, I filled it in up to where my eye started. To get the best black colour that I could without lots of fall out, I layered the colour bit by bit instead all at once.
Then I used the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Eternal Silver as my silver eyeshadow popper. I used my finger tip to gently apply it over my lid.
I then layered the silver eye shadow from the previous palette on top of it. I also tried to achieve a smooth transition between the black the the silver by creating a gradient effect.
At this point I decided to use the dark blue shade from the palette on my lower lash line for a pop of colour.
To finish off the eyeshadow look I took the white shade from the Acid Brights palette and applied it in my inner corner in a pointy shape.
Finished eyeshadow look
Step 4 - Finishing touches
I applied two thick coats of my favourite mascara which is the Big Bold by NYC and I used a matte dark pinky nude shade on my lips.
Finished look
I hope that you liked this post and that you'll try out this look. I'll see you next time.
Mollie xx
No comments:
Post a Comment