Thursday, November 27, 2014

November Non-Beauty Favourites


Hey guys,

I hope that you're all well. November is at its end so it's time to show you the things that I have been enjoying this month. Altough I've been quite busy, I found a little bit of time on some evenings to watch a few movies (I'll recommend only the absolute best ones to you) and to even read. Cosy autumn evenings for the win. I'm very excited that there's more of this next month since it's December, the month of Christmas and the Winter break, which means lots of free time (after I complete an enormous amount of assignments and coursework :( )to watch, read and to spend time with friends and family. Yay. But for now, let's focus on the things that I enjoyed in November.

Things done:

1. The absolute best experience of this month was going to see my favourite band, The Pretty Reckless, live. I never thought I would have the opportunity to see them and hear them live, let alone stand in the second row and be only a few feet away from the stage. I was so overwhelmed when they came out on stage that I broke into tears. I know this may sound silly to some but I just couldn't believe how lucky I was. They sang some of their older classics, fan favourites as well as the songs from their newest album, Going To Hell. My favourites included Make Me Wanna Die, House On a Hill, Going to Hell and Heaven Knows. It was an unforgettable night and I'm so happy I got to be part of it.




GRWM here.



2. Another activity that I enjoyed was my shopping trip with Ewelina. We went to Manchester and had a wonderful, girly afternoon. We went to Nando's and browsed high end stores, longing for beautiful designer handbags, shoes, wallets and glasses. She even stood by me when I swatched about 20 MAC lipsticks (take the hint Ewelina. Then we headed to Primark and spent about 4 hours there. We didn't buy that many items, however we did get the same head to toe outfit and everything that we got was a great piece to own. We then did have a crazy train adventure. What happened was that we were told to queue up  on stand 3, stood there in front of a train which was immobile and dark, right at the end of a platform. There was about a billion people there queuing there with us. All of a sudden t was announced that the train will leave from platform 6, so EVERYONE started running, it was basically a rat race. Me and Ewelina managed to run quickly and not only get on the train but also secure seats together. Oh yeah.






Haul here.



Movies

1. Like I said in the intro, I watched a considerable amount of movies this month. My absolute favourite out of them was Cruel Intentions. It's a movie about 2 very rich and very bad step siblings. For their own entertainment they use sex as a means to punishing others, black mailing them and generally humiliating and torturing others. The film is charged with sexual tension and it has an amazing ending. I can't say anymore without spoiling it, so just watch it, just maybe not with your parents as it could potentially get awkward.




2. Another movie that I enjoyed was a horror movie called As Above, So Below. The story of this follows a woman who is looking for the Philosopher's Stone (how did I spell that right the first time around) and is led to believe that it is located in the catacombs below the city of Paris (they are a real thing by the way). Once they find themselves there, they encounter their own personal hell. 
Alright, so that's the plot, which does sound interesting and is a reason to watch and like this movie. However I LOVED it because there was a well developed story, a minimum amount of jump scares, no unnecessary running, screaming, heavy breathing and all the other c**p that gets put in horror films these days. The main character in this movie was a strong female lead, that kept the group going instead of being a helpless damsel in distress. I do recommend it if you're looking for good horror movie to watch.





3. The last film that I fell in love with was, a romantic film (no puns intended). It's called the Two Night Stand. The film centres around a girl and a boy who decided to have a one-off hook up but then get snowed in and are forced to spend the day in each other's company. This leads to some funny as well as heartfelt situations and this film is simply incredibly heart warming. 




Books

I only read one book last month, but none the less that is an improvement from the previous months. It's called Vampire Academy and it's the first book in its 12 book series. The story follows two teenage girls, one of which is a vampire princess (Lissa) ad the other is a half-vampire (Rose)  who is her best friend and is given the responsibility of protecting Lissa. I liked this book because it was well written and it it has a far more mature story and issues than an average teen fiction/ young adult books. 




That's it for this month's non-beauty favourites. I hope that you enjoyed this post and that you've read about something that caught your interest. See you in my next post.

Mollie 
xx
.


No comments:

Post a Comment