Thursday, November 27, 2014

November Beauty Favourites


Hey guys,

I hope you're as excited as me that it's (almost) December. No, I'm not the biggest Christmas fanatic, however I do enjoy it and I like having 3 weeks off of uni.
Anyways, it's time for me to show you my beauty favourites of the last month. The things is however that none of these are new products. basically I had a dig through my makeup collection and pulled out some stuff that I completely (figuratively speaking of course) forgot about. Here they are.

1.  The One Foundation in Shade 3 - I love this foundation for it's incredibly lightweight feeling that comes from the fact that it is incredibly watery, yet it still gives a wonderful amount of coverage . The only bad thing that I have to say about it is that doesn't layer well so if I want more coverage because my skin decided to go crazy, I have to apply more in  one go. Other than that I love it. I used it in a GRWM look this last month as well as in a romantic makeup tutorial which I do recommend you check out.




2. Another product that I loved was my Vivid Baked Highligher from Makeup Revolution in Peach Lights which I also used in the Romantic Makeup Tutorial. It gives an amazing pinky glow to the cheeks.




 3. I also rediscovered a cream blush of mine. Well dicovered it really cos I think I might have used it like once before. But over the course of last month I played around with it and fell in love with the effect that it gives. It's the Cream Blush from Makeup Revolution in the colour Rose Cream. I apply this to my cheeks with my fingertips, and blend it by patting it . It gives a pale, dusty pink effect which makes me look like I just went on a brisk walk in the cold in the best way possible.




 4. Another product that I rediscovered, and the last one in this post from Makeup Revolution is the Iconic 3 palette aka the dupe for the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay. The palette consists of 12 pinky, gold neutrals that ideal for this season. I used this in the tutorial linked here. A favourite that comes from this favourite is using a black eyeshadow on my lash line and blending it for a more subtle, smokey look that is a nice alternative to a harsh black eyeliner. 




5. Another palette that I dug up, was my 15 Shades Warm Neautrals MAC palette which has not been receiving enough love before this month. Or too much love because I feel bad about using it, like it only should be used for special occasions but on the other hand I feel like it's going to waste if I'm not using it. Depends how you look at it. Anyway back to the palette. Like the name suggests it consists of 15 warm, neutral shades that are very versatile and can be used to create day or night looks (I don't personally make that distinction but I know some do). I just enjoyed using the colours from this palette with colours from other palettes to create different looks.



6. My last favourite is an oldie but a goodie aka the Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay. I started using this is my everyday go-to palette, so I might do a post using it to show you what kind of a look I create with it.I basically love all the shades but my most favourite is a pale pink colour called Bootycall (what a sophisticated name that is. 


I hope that you enjoyed this post and I look forward to you reading the next one.

Mollie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment