Sunday, August 7, 2016

Recent Favourites


Hey guys,

Hope you're doing great. I'm not so bad myself :)

I'm here to show you some of my recent makeup favorites. Well, when I say some I mean a lot of them but not all since this post would be eternally long.





Palettes

The first palette that I have been loving is the Makeup Revolution Ultra Brow Palette in Medium to Dark.
This palette includes 4 brow powders of various dankness and warmth, 2 brow waxes (pomades), 1 concealer and one highlight. Essentially, everything you need to get your brows on fleek.
I personally don't use the concealer or the highlighter however the top two powders and the pomades are very well loved. I use the powders on the days when I want more bushy, quick brows and the pomades when I want to have super defined, perfect brows. If I'm going super full glam, I even layer the powders over the pomades. 
This product is definitively worth checking out for all those who want to try out different eyebrow looks or for those who are unsure what they prefer.




Next, I've been loving the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Palette. It literally smells like chocolate heaven and looks like it too. But that's besides the point. 
The palette in itself is great. It has 15 neutral shades and one blue shade (16 in total) with various finishes from matte to shimmery and it's great for creating both day and night looks. I even created a look with it for you guys here.
Overall the palette has great pigmentation and little fallout with the exception of the shade called Mousse. That shade bugs the crap out of me because it has little to no pigment even though it looks like a gorgeous, glittery pink. 
If you're looking for a great do-it-all eyeshadow palette, and you feel like splurging, I recommend checking this one. Unless you're trying to eat better, because this makes you seriously hungry ;) 




And here's another product from Makeup Revolution. This is their Ultra Contour Palette. This palette includes 2 highlighting powders, a pink and a yellow one, 3 highlighters, one white, one pink and one bronze and 3 contouring/bronzing shades. 
All of the shades are nicely pigmented. When I say nicely, I mean they're not super pigmented but I mean that in the best way because it means you have more control over the product and it's easier to build it and you don't end up looking like a stripy zebra as soon as the slightest amount of product touches your face.
I will say this palette has two main downsides. One, the white and the bronze highlighters are not fantastic. I mean I use them from time to time but only when I'm being lazy when I can't be bothered to reach for a separate, much better one. 
Moreover, the palette comes in one shade. Since this palette suits me so well, I believe it won't be great for people with deeper skin tones as I'm super pale. 
However, if you have a light to medium skin tone and you're looking for a good contour palette, that's inexpensive and you're not too bothered about it including highlighters, I think you will enjoy it like myself.




This is the last palette from Makeup Revolution that I am going to recommend today. I'm sorry that this is so one-brand heavy post but they do make great products at an affordable price which is great for those makeup addicts that are on a budget.
This palette is called Highlight and it includes 3 highlighting shades, a champagne-yellow one, a pink one and a lavender purple one. They are beautifully pigmented, they aren't glittery and they all look gorgeous on the skin. 
When I first used this palette I thought I'll never use the pink or the lavender shades but I found that with the right makeup look and blush they just complete the whole thing and look super flattering. 
I also think that the champagne shade is a good alternative for the Mary Lou-Manizer by TheBalm which is my favorite highlighter. They're both champagne shades that give a wet finish to the skin, but the Mary Lou is just a tad more intense.
I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this product and I recommend that you all go check it out.



Face Products

Moving on from all the palettes I have some bomb face makeup products to recommend.
This is essentially like hairspray but for your face. It just keeps everything looking great and in place for longer. In addition it takes away the powder-iness of products that are on your face making them look more like your skin and less like a layer (or few) makeup. Moreover, this can be used as  a primer before applying makeup to make everything last even longer. 
Lastly, I use this product to wet my brushes before applying less pigmented eyeshadows to get that pigment out of them. Unlike using normal water, this won't harder the eyeshadow in the pan once it dries from using a wet brush on it. 
Overall, I think this is a must have makeup product and when it runs out, I'll be buying a second one.

Next, I have a foundation which I never thought I would grow this find of. This is the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25Hr Foundation ( I wear the shade 100 Ivory).
This foundation gives a natural look but with great coverage and it stay in place all day. I use one pump for a super sheer and natural everyday look and 2 pumps for full coverage glam. 
I do find that I have to powder it a lot because I have oily to combination skin (although it being summer it's a little bit more dry than usual) but once I've set it, it wears beautifully and wears great.

Next I have a cult product. It's the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. It's full coverage without being cakey and heavy. The best thing about it for me is the fact that the shade Fair, which I use, is actually light enough to highlight my face and not just cover imperfections which is hard to find for me. 

The last face product that I've been loving is the biggest brush from the Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt and Blend Brush Set
This is a dense, angled, soft,  synthetic brush and it is recommended to be used for contouring. However, I find that it is useless for powder contouring. I like using it as a foundation brush. It blends foundation in quickly and seamlessly and because it's dense it doesn't sheer it out. I think that if you're looking for an affordable foundation brush, you should give this one a go. 
However, do keep in mind that it comes in a set ( I use the smaller contouring brush for concealer and the eyeshadow brush for highlighter) so unless you see yourself using the other items from it, I don't think it's worth the purchase.


Lips

Lastly I have two fantastic lip products.
The first one is the MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in Tranquility. This is an awesome liquid lipstick in a beautiful nude shade. You can check out how it looks on me here
It is pigmented and long lasting and the way it fades is nice because it fades from the middle rather than coming off in weird patches. I also find that it is not super drying, as far as liquid lipsticks go. 
The last product that I've been loving is the theBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long Lasting liquid lipstick in Charming. This is a deep, reddy brown neutral colour. It's super flattering and it matches a lot of different looks on top of being long lasting. It also makes a statement without making a statement as it is super wearable and not too bold. 
The only thing that I dislike about it is it's minty flavour but it disappears quickly and the product itself is worth those few seconds of distaste.




That's it for today's post. I hope you enjoyed and that you'll check out some of these products. See you next time.
Mollie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment