Hey guys,
Long time, no post. Sorry about that.
Today I'm back with a bang! I've done a colourful, summer festival look. It's glittery and fun and has a Barbie vibe to it. Hope you like it.
I started out with a clean, moisturized base.
For my base I used two pumps of the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25Hr foundation in 100 Ivory which I I blended in with the Makeup Revolution foundation brush from the Ultra Sculpt and Blend set.
I then highlighted and concealed my under eyes, my forehead and my chin with the Collection Lasting Finish Concealer in Fair and the Makeup Revolution concealer brush from that same set.
I then set the whole base with the Real Techniques powder brush and the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent.
Contour
To further brighten my under eye area I used the pink and yellow shades from the Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette.
Then I used the contour shade from that same palette to contour my cheekbones, jaw and nose with the Zoeva 109 Luxe Face Paint Brush.
Then I used the lighter bronzing shade from that palette to bronze my forehead and my cheeks. I applied this shade above my contour.
I then deepened my contour with the Bahama Mama Bronzer from TheBalm.
Brows
For my brows I used the two pomades from the Makeup Revolution Ultra Brow kit in Medium Dark with the Zoeva 317 Wing Liner brush. I then applied the Maybeline Brow Drama in Dark Brown to set my brows in place.
Eyes
For my eyes, I started with applying a matte, pale shade all over the top part of my eyelid.
I then sketched in where I want my cut crease to be with a grey shade and a eyeliner brush. This doesn't need to be to precise, it just has to give you a good idea for where you are going to be placing the shadows.
I then took a small, ball shaded blending brush (I belive this one was the one that came with the Naked Smoky Palette from Urban Decay) and I blended the shade Ocean from the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever palette from that line upwards. I also wet the brush with the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray to get a better pigment as the shadows don't have the best pay off dry ( I did this with all the brushes that I used in conjunction with this palette and I do recommend you wet your brushes too if you're using that same palette).
I then took the shade Princess and the other side of that brush and blended the shadow higher but not below that line.
I then took the Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner in 001 100% Black and started tracing that line as neatly as I could. This didn't go too great, I think I should have used a gel liner and a brush for this instead. However, I was committed at this point so I used the Catrice Camouflage Cream in 010 Ivory to clean up the bottom of the line. I also put it all over my lid to act as a base for my eyeshadows.
I then took the shade Pretty from the same palette and applied it wet (look earlier) with a concealer brush all over my lid, up to that black line. I had to do multiple coats to get the pigment but I just kept adding the shadow until I got the desired effect.
I then took the shade Ocean again and blended that black line upwards.
I then took the shade Pink Sea and the Zoeva 228 Luxe Crease Brush (wet) and blended in the shade on the outer corner of where I applied the shade Pretty and I didn't extend it above that line.
I then took the shade Starfish and applied it to the inner third of where I applied the shade Pretty.
Then I took the shade Ariel and applied it along my lower lash line . I extend this all along the outer edge of my eyeshadow.
I then a little, tiny bit of eyelash glue and put it on the middle of my eyelid, below the line. I the took some silver glitter from Avon and applied it over it it with a flat concealer brush ( I don't recommend using a brush that you like or that's expensive as this could ruin your brush. If you don't have a brush that you don't care for, use you finger instead).
I then took the same Rimmer eyeliner as before and drew on my winged eyeliner. I then filled out gaps with a black eyeshadow (it's hard to apply liner over glitter).
I then I applied the Better Than Sex Mascara from Too Faced on my top and bottom eyelashes. I then applied the Define Lashes from Primark.
To finish off the eyes, I took a mix of Bay and Future and applied them on my inner corners.
Finishing Touches
For my highlighter, I used pink and purple highlighters on the tops of my cheekbones from the Highlight Palette by Makeup Revolution. I also used the champagne shade on the bridge of my nose and my Cupid's bow.
For my lips, I used a bright pink liquid lipstick from L'Oreal (it doesn't have a name -.-) and applied the Tranquility Velvet Lip Lacquer by MUA.
I then used the Zoeva 126 Luxe Cheek Finish Brush to apply the Makeup Revolution blush in Now!.
Finished Look
See you in my next blog post
Mollie
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment