Monday, April 4, 2016

Bold Pink and Purple "Spring" Makeup

Hey guys, 

I hope you're all doing well. When I was thinking of ideas for a spring look, I was thinking: delicate and glowy. But, that is so over done! So, I went in the opposite direction. Bold and vibrant. I hope you like it.



Base

I started out with a clean and moisturized face.


For my foundation I used a mixture of my favorite foundation, L'Oreal Infallible 24h Matte in 010 Porcelain, and Catrice All Matte Plus foundation in 010 Ivory. The Catrice foundation is quite glowy despite its name so I thought that if I mixed it with my matte foundation my base would look a little bit more luminous and fresh. I blended the foundations into my skin with the Zoeva 104 Buffer Brush.




I applied the Catrice Camouflage Concealer in 010 Ivory with my fingertips under my eyes and around my nose to conceal discoloration.


For my blush, I used the Blush palette from Makeup Revolution in All About Cream. I picked out the bright pink, fushcia colour and blended it into my cheeks using my fingertips.


Then I gently set my T-zone with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent with a Real Techniques Powder Brush. I didn't mattify my cheeks in order to give the look a fresher feel.


To contour I used the Zoeva 109 Luxe Face Paint Brush and the Bahama Mama Bronzer from The Balm. I applied this to the hollows of my cheeks, my jaw line and a little bit on the sides of my nose.



To bronze up my face I used a fluffy powder brush from Eco Tools and the Ultra Bronze Bronzer from Makeup Revolution. I applied this to my temples and to the top of my cheekbones i.e. to the places sun hits when I tan.


For my highlight, I used the champagne shade from the Makeup Revolution Highlight Palette. I applied this to the top of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose and my Cupid's bow.



Finished Base



Eyes

 I filled in my eyebrows like normal with the Inglot eyeshadow in 378 with the Zoeva 322 Brow Line Brush and set them with the Maybelline Brow Drama brow mascara in Dark Brown.


I started my eyeshadow look by thoroughly mattifying my eyelids with a pale, matte shade that is extremely close to my skin tone.



I then took the Sleek Blush by 3 blush palette in Pink Spirit. I used the MAC 217 brush to blend in the middle bright pink shade from the palette into my crease.


I then took the Makeup Revolution Acid Brights Palette and the bright purple shade and blended it over the previous shade with a precise blending brush from Coastal Scents.


I then took a Coastal Scents Pencil brush and the shade 446 from Inglot on my inneer and outer V, leaving a blank space in the middle.


I then took another precise blending brush and used the bright pink shade from the Sleek palette generously along my lower lashline


Over this I used the 446 shade from Inglot with the Zoeva 226 Smudger Brush.


I then took a flat concealer brush and applied the highlighter that I used on my face into the middle of my eyelid, inner corners and brow bone.



Finished Eyeshadow Look


 I finished off the eyelook by applying a thin layer of mascara and the Define lashes from Primark.
As a finishing touch I used the shade Tranquility from the Luxe Velvet Lip Lacqeur by MUA (MakeupAcademy).


Finished Look

















That's the finished look guys. I hope you like it. Also please do say hello to the hangy thing that was visible from my cardigan/kimono (available from H'n'M) and my grey hairs, esecially the one floating near my face. What can you do. I'll see you in my next post.

Mollie xxx



2 comments: