Hey guys,
How are you? Busy and stressed out due to coursework and exams? I definitively am. So today I thought I'd take a little time to play with some makeup. I came up with this super smokey gold eye that will make blue and green eyes pop but it'll look lovely on brown eyes.
Unfortunately I ran into a lot of camera issues. It decided to wash out all the colours and make them orange. Why, I do not know. I had good natural light and I did nothing dodgy to my settings. I guess its not a big fan of Mollie recently. I edited the photos to make them more true to life, but that didn't go too well either. I tried my best so I hope you don't mind.
I started off with priming my face with the Catrice Prime and Fine base.
Then I applied 1 and a half pumps the L'Oreal Infallible foundation in 015 all over my face and buffed it in with a flat top foundation brush for an even coverage.
Next, I looked extremely concerned ;) and applied the Maybelinne Eye eraser concealer underneath my eyes to hide my dark circles.
To keep my base in place for the rest of the day and keep my face shine-free I used my all time favourite powder which is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent.
TIP OF THE DAY: Press the powder in with your brush rather than drag it across your face. Dragging the brush on your face can shift the liquid products that are already on your face and leave patches or streaks!
Since applying a super even base takes out most of the dimentation of the face and makes it into a blank canvas, I contoured my face by applying the Ultra Bronze bronzer from Makeup Revolution to the hollows of my cheeks, my temples and my jaw line.
NB: I will do a thorough tutorial on contouring soon!
To add a little bit of colour to my cheeks I used a peachy blush from Makeup Revolution in the shade Treat.
And finally to add some glow to my cheeks I used the Mary Lou-manizer from the Balm on the top of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose and my cupid's bow (above my upper lip).
TIP OF THE DAY: applying highlighter to your cupid's bow will make your lips seem fuller!
I then used an Inglot eyeshadow in the shade 378 to fill in my eyebrows.
For my eyes I started off by applying a pale matte yellow shade all over my lids.
I then applied a copper gold shade on my lid.
In my crease and along my lower lashline I then added a darker copper gold shade and blended it out very far to make it super smokey.
I then added a shimmery brown shade in the outer part of my eyes and also blended it out very far.
Since I felt like the eyeshadow on my lid was not prominent enough I applied another light gold shade over it and then also applied that colour into the inner corners of my eyes.
To finish off the look I applied (an excessive amount of) winged eyeliner using the L'Oreal Gel Intenza eyeliner and my NYC Big Bold Mascara. On my lips I put a peachy nude shade from Rimmel in the colour 206 Nude Pink.
Here's the finished look
I hope that you liked this post and I'll see you in my next one.
Mollie xx
No comments:
Post a Comment