Friday, January 30, 2015

Charli XCX 'Doing it' Inspired Makeup


Hey guys,

I hope that you're all well. As you may or may not know, I am a huge fan of Charli XCX. I love her music and I'm dying for her style. She recently released a music video with Rita Ora for the song called 'Doing it'. After watching the music video I became freaking obsessed with the makeup look she was wearing which was a glitter cateye liner, with blue in the inner corner and red lipstick. It inspired me to try to create something for you guys, I hope that you like it.

You can check out the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km3agvlyRmM

Now lets get started with the makeup.

I started off as always by moisturising my face and applying my Catrice Prime and Fine primer.



Then I applied my L'Oreal Infallible Foundation in the shade 015 Porcelain with a flat-top foundation brush. I applied a pump of this all over my face and half a pump on my cheeks to cover up the blemishes and redness that I had there and achieve a flawless finish.




Then I applied my Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer under my eyes and on the spots that were still peaking through.


 I finished off my base by setting it with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent.


Then I proceeded to contour my face with the Ultra Bronze Bronzer from Makeup Revolution. I used this product in the hollows of my cheeks, on my jaw line and on my hair line.


I then applied a blush by the same brand in the colour Treat which is a peachy colour.


I then filled in my brows in a very staright way with a nice pointy arch to make them resemble Charli's brows from the video.



I then applied a base from Inglot all over my eyes to make the eye shadows last longer and stand out more and then I powdered it with the Rimmel Powder to make blending easier.



Then I used my Nudetude palette from the Balm to create the base eyeshadow look. I used the colour Sultry which is a warm brown colour to define my crease.



Then I used the shade Sophisticated to create a winged eyeshadow look as well as dragging a bit of this colour along my lower lashline.





I then used the shade Sassy all over my lid.



I then applied the shade 031 Innocent Turquoise from L'Oreal Colour Infallible in my inner eye corner in a pointy shape.






I then applied wing eyeliner with a gel linger from L'Oreal in Extra Black.



I then took some eyelash glue and glitter and applied it over the gel liner to mimic Charli's look.




To finish off my look I applied the Mary-Loumanizer by the Balm to the tops of cheek bones for extra glow. 



I then added one coat of my NYC Big Bold mascara in Extra Black and my MAC lipstick in Diva which is a dark red colour and I was done.























I hope that you enjoyed this post and I'll see you in my next one.
Mollie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment