Sunday, August 3, 2014

June and July 2014 Non Beauty Favourites!!!



Hi guys!

I hope you're all doing well. When I was working on my June and July favourites it occurred to me (link here) that I should do a non-beauty favourites post as well as there were a couple of things that I enjoyed over the last couple of months.

Films

1. The fault in our stars- Is there a person out there who watched this movie and/or read the book and didn't love it? I really doubt it. The story is told in a way in which it mixes and twists your emotions and you're happy and sad simultaneously , and you just end up a blubbering mess. I started crying less then half way through the movie cos I knew what was coming and then I didn't stop till about half an hour after it  ended. It was an intense sob session. Just go watch it so that you can say F**K YOU JOHN GREEN as well ;)

2.  Evidence (2013) - This is a horror/ thriller film. It was done in a found footage way but it revolved around a police crew(?) looking at the footage trying to figure out what happened. It had a lot of twists and turns and to put an analogy in here, watching this film is like standing on a pile of sand. As soon as you think you're stood firmly, the ground below you changes. So yeah, go watch it.

Passtimes

1. Tumblr - My love for tumblr has returned. I strayed away from my blog there cos I just got bored of it. Recently however I've been reinventing what my blog was about, making it more positive and inspiring. 

2. Sunbathing - Yes I know it's not the best thing out there for you. However it is so relaxing and since I was working in an enclosed building with no windows for a month and a half,  every  sun-ray felt like heaven on my skin. Plus since I'm a very pale child it gave me a more 'healthy human' sort of appearance

3. Cleaning - I spent two WHOLE days clearing and cleaning my flat. It just gave it a completely fresh feel and made it feel at home after being away for 6 weeks. In addition to that it gave my wardrobe a do-over as put aside two huge black bags to give away to friends and donate. Now I can actually see what clothes I have and I have some space for new ones. If you're in a funky mood doing something like this will totally cheer you up as you'll be so tired you won't have time to be soppy :) PLUS it gives you an excuse to go shopping for new home decor, clothes, accessories, anything .... hahaha

I hope you enjoyed this post and I'll see you in my next one :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment