Saturday, May 3, 2014
April Non Beauty Favourites 2014
Hey guys,
I'm back today with my non beauty favourites of April. This includes books, and tv shows.
Favourite Books:
1. The Fault in our Stars - I thought this book was great..I read it in one evening and would recommend it to anyone who likes no-BS story telling. It doesn't put fluff around things, it just puts as they are. A little bit bitter-sweet and with a shadow over it (because it follows a girl who has cancer), yet very insightful. If you're ready for a few laughs and tears go pick this one up. I'm currently waiting for the movie to be released, which is sometime in May.
2. The lying game - This is the 1st book in a series of 3 (so far) written by Sara Sheppard, the author of the Pretty Little Liars books. This one took me a little bit longer to read as I only read it whilst I was visiting my family for weekends, which is like once a month or so. I thought it was intriguing as it talks about murder of a teenage girl and her long lost twin sister Emma is being blackmailed to pretend to be the girl that is dead, Sutton so that no one can realise that Sutton is gone. We don't know who the killer is and therefore we follow Emma's investigation. I would definitively recommend it if you like Pretty Little Liars. However I wouldn't recommend the TV show based on the books as the only thing that it has with common with the book is that it's based around twins named Emma and Sutton. This may not have been that tragic, however there is only a season and a half of the show and it ends on a cliffhanger as it was cut mid-way through the season. I presumed that the (short) second season would be rushed but that we'd get some answers but no. So go read the book(s).
Films:
1. Divergent - film based on a book trilogy of the same name. I loved the first two books, the 3rd one I only enjoyed towards the end, nonetheless I had high expectations when I went to see this film. It's a dystopian story based around a female teenage protagonist. Very common plot base nowadays however the story is original and exciting. I recommend that you read the books before watching the film.
2. Bad words - it's a very inappropriate comedy based around a 40 year old man who enters a spelling-bee competition and becomes friends with a kid that is roughly 10. The humour in this film is very clever as it is not delivered in an obvious manner i.e. insults aren't just thrown, you have to read into (not too hard) into what is being said.
TV shows:
1. Game of Thrones - I don't think that I need to explain this one. It's epic that is all. Just don't watch it with your parents unless they're super cool with a lot of sex, nudity, violence, incest, cannibalism and swearing.
2. Hannibal - this show is so messed up and disturbing but it is so great. I'm not a fan of gore but this centres itself more around the psychology of serial killers and the mind of Hannibal the Cannibal. Just don't watch it with your food unless you find gore more scary than gross like me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment