Hey guys,
Hope you're all doing well. Autumn is well and truly here. Dark lipsticks, smokey eyes, cosy jumpers and excessive amounts of hot drinks are in full force... as well cold weather and long evenings. On the account of the latter, I decided to create a longer post which you can enjoy reading over a hot (or cold) beverage of your choice.
Today, I want to show you my "ride or die" beauty products which are essentially my absolute favourite products to use. Actually, this can also be treated as 2-in-1 post since these are the products that I always take when I'm travelling.
By the way don't mind their battered appearance, it only shows how much I love to use them.
Base:
This is quite a new product for me as I've only had it a few months but it is already a staple. This is essentially a primer that comes out white from the tube and turns into a golden sheen when applied to the skin giving it a lovely glow. It can also be used over foundation as a highlighter.
I use it under my foundation as a primer and it smooths out my skin and makes it slightly tacky which means that the foundation adheres to it better and therefore blends out smoother and lasts longer.
The glow that it provides is subtle and not overwhelming and it certainly doesn't add unwanted shine to the skin. I have oily skin and when I wear this I do not get oily super fast and I actually feel like it makes it look healthy and glowy rather than just the standard oily shine.
Foundation
Used in: Everyday Autumn Glam
This foundation is matte, long lasting, full coverage and it wears beautifully. What I mean by that is that it looks better after a few hours. I have actually gone to work with it in the morning and then went out with my friends after for night out and it still looked great.
The only downside is that the palest shade is on the pink side so it doesn't match my yellow toned complexion perfectly on its own but once powder, contour etc. are applied it looks great.
Concealer
This is an old love. I used to use this back in college and even high school and then in uni I was kind of testing out other ones but I never found anything that beats this.
It's full coverage, long lasting and it doesn't crease. It's also the only concealer that I have tried to far which brightens/highlights my under eye area because the shade is pale enough to do that (the shade Fair).
Setting Powder
Another newbie that is here to stay. For those of you who have been reading this blog for a while you know that I swear by the Rimmer Stay Matte Powder and I never thought something could outshine it for me. But this did.
It takes very little product to set the face which avoids a cakey finish, its completely transparent so it doesn't mess up the colour of whatever is underneath and it beautifully smooths out the face making it feel soft and look flawless. As well as that it mattyfies the skin for hours and it doesn't leave a white cast. It is fantastic.
It takes very little product to set the face which avoids a cakey finish, its completely transparent so it doesn't mess up the colour of whatever is underneath and it beautifully smooths out the face making it feel soft and look flawless. As well as that it mattyfies the skin for hours and it doesn't leave a white cast. It is fantastic.
Contour
You can see from the pictures this is very, VERY well loved. This palette has 6 shades in it: 2 highlight/brightening ones, one highlighter/glow, 3 bronzers/contours.
The highlight/brightening shades instantly set the undereye area and make it look brighter and I love using them to sharpen my contour too. The contour/bronzing shades are pigmented but not to the point that they are too pigmented. They are buildable and smooth and they can look as intense or natural as you like.
I also love the fact that the pans are individually available which means that you can easily replace whatever you use up without having to replace the whole palette and the reming products going to waste.
Blush
I'm not a one blush kind of a gal. I like switching up my blush to suit the makeup looks that I'm wearing and to compliment whatever is on my lips. That's why I love this palette. It has 6 blush shades ranging from dusty pinks, through peachy colours to bright pinks. All of them are blendable, soft, smooth and not too pigmented so they don't require too much precision and blending when applying.
This palette also includes 2 shimmery blushes/highlighters but I am not a big fan of those as the colours are not too great and they're not super glowy and they're rather glittery. I kind of wish they weren't in the palette so it would be more compact.
Highlighter/Glow
This is the bomb dot com. It is the most glowy and intense product that I own. It's pigmented and smooth. Moreover, it doesn't have any chunky glitter in it and it gives the skin this beautiful, almost wet finish.
Brows
Do you want your brows to look on fleek? If so, you need this. This will make them look amazing and will stay put even if accidentally touch or rub them. This baby isn't coming off until it is removed with a makeup remover.
Eyeshadow Palette
I am a eyeshadow palette junky. I have dozens upon dozens of them both from the drugstore and the highend. And yet I had no problem picking this one.
This palette includes 16 eyeshadows: 8 matte and 8 shimmery. It is the most versatile, all in one palette that I own and it's also a dupe for the Lorac Pro 2 palette.
This palette includes 16 eyeshadows: 8 matte and 8 shimmery. It is the most versatile, all in one palette that I own and it's also a dupe for the Lorac Pro 2 palette.
The shadows are pigmented, blendable and the shadows have little to no fallout. They're also long lasting and they don't merge. What I mean by that is that when the shadows are blended they don't end up looking like one mucky colour and they just transition into each other smoothly.
Also the versatility! You can create so many different looks with this. From day to night, from natural to bold. Honestly, when I take this while travelling I can look completely different everyday which I feel like is rare with palettes cos the colours are so similar in them to each other that the looks come out looking similar.
Eyeliner
This is the first eyeliner I have ever repurchased. It's matte, easy to use and long lasting. What more could you want? Well, the only thing is that I wish it was a deeper shade of black then what it is. So technically this is a temporary holy grail product.
Lips
Used in: Everyday Autumn Glam
I am a liquid lipstick junkie. My favourite liquid lipsticks are the ones from Kylie Cosmetics. They're pigmented, smooth, long lasting, not too drying and they smell like heaven. I also Love the colours. The line includes the most beautiful nudes I have ever seen and I have recently ordered a new one so expect a review coming soon.
Shades featured below are (from left to right): Leo, Koko K and Kristen.
No comments:
Post a Comment