Hey guys,
And welcome to this long overdue post. I got this look ready a couple of weeks ago but I put it on hold as I wanted a break on my blog from makeup tutorials to bring in a little bit more variety to my humble corner of the internet.
This look was inspired by a drag look created on Pixiwoo's amazing YouTube channel. However, I did put my own little twist on it and made it wearable for parties and special occasions. I hope that you like it.
I started off with doing my base off-camera. Products I used:
Catrice Prime&Fine Primer
L'Oreal Infallible Foundation in 015 Porcelain (two pumps for a super even finish)
Catrice Camouflage Cream in Ivory
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent
Then I moved onto my contouring, which I really went to town with. I used the Makeup Revolution Ultra Bronze Bronzer for this. I took the bronzer, using a really heavy hand from my ear almost all the way lips for a super sculpted look and then blended the edges.
Then I applied a dusty pink blush from the Sugar and Spice Palette by the same brand to the back ends of my cheeks (not on the apples basically) with a light hand just for a hint of colour there.
Then for the first time ever I did my eyebrows step by step on camera. I was going for a very sharp and defined look and I used the Fix&Shape Brow Kit in Dark also by Makeup Revolution to achieve this.
I started off by applying the wax from the kit on my eyebrows to thicken them, add texture and to make the eyeshadows pop and last more.
Then I used the darkest shade from the palette from the kit to draw two sharp lines along the bottom line of my brow to ensure that the look I achieve is really defined.
I then drew a straight line from the arch of my eyebrow to its 'tail'.
I then filled in the rest of my eyebrows ensuring that they remained really neat and with a good arch.
And then it was time for the eye look which is my favourite part. I used the eyeshadows from the BalmVoyage Palette to create this look. However, I first primed my lids with the Inglot eyeshadow base and then mattified them with the powder that I used to mattify my face.
Then I defined my crease with the shade C3 which is a warm, matte brown. I ensured that the outer edge of this remained as straight and sharp as possible but at the end I still had to tidy my eyeshadows with the brush that I used for my foundation.
I then took the shade A4 which is a black and put it in the outer V of my eye, also keeping the outer edge as straight as I could and I made sure not to drag it underneath the eye. The reason why I wanted the line crisp and sharp was to give my eyes a more lifted look, Evil Queen style.
Then I took the Inner Eye Brightener from Makeup Revolution and I run it along the edge of the eyeshadow as well as my water line.
Then I took the black eyeshadow again and took it along my lower lashline and below the inner eye brightener with a precise brush extending it very far back, almost to my eyebrow.
Then I applied some eyelash glue and silver eye glitter on my eyelids for a super sparkly and glamorous look.
I then finished off my eyelook with a dramatic eyeliner look using my L'Oreal Gel Intenza Liner and added two thick coats of the NYC Big Bold Mascara in Extra Black for extra drama.
Then I added the Mary Lou-Manizer on the tops of my cheek bones for an extra bit of glow. To finish off the look I used the lipstick from Soap and Glory in Missing Pink and a clear lipgloss. Here's the finished look.
Mollie
xx
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment