Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Beauty Favourites


Hey guys,

Welcome to another post, I hope that you've all been well. I had a very unfortunate day today. I'm in the middle of styling up my room and I headed out today with the intention of printing out photos from my holiday in Poland and some cool pictures from tumblr and then creating a collage. I spent an hour in the uni library attempting to print out the photos as the computer kept crashing and then the printer took my money but gave me nothing in return. In addition I was unable to find any art supplies that I needed. In short my 2 and a half hour trip turned out pointless and a waste of time. However it may have been for the best as it motivated me to try to turn this day around by writing a blog post and being productive. So I guess things have a way of working out.  Now without further ado, let's get to my August favourites.

SKINCARE 



 First up it's my Ziaja duo. As I've talked about it in my penultimate post, I won't say to much here apart from I love it and I wish I could use it everyday. 









My other skincare favourite of the month of August was this Body Shop body butter in Chocomania. I got it for the bargainous price of £5 in the store on sale instead of the whooping £18. So that's one reason to love it. Secondly it smells amazing, just like chocolate. And I don't mean the typical, commercial and chemical chocolate scent, I mean real chocolate. The scent stays on my skin for hours after application however it's very delicate and you can only smell it if you sniff my skin (please don't, it'd be really creepy). Lastly, the most imprtant attribute of this body butter is how well it moisturisies my skin, how non greasy it is and how quickly it absorbs. It's just the bomb dot com and I recommend that you check it out. 



 MAKEUP

To kick of my makeup favourites, I'm gonna start with The Real Techniques Powder Brush. Although I only got it a few days ago, I'm already obsessed with it. I thought about getting the Real Techniques brushes for a while, but considering that I have quite a few brushes already it seemed a bit excessive to buy the sets especially since I did not know whether they were as good as people (bloggers) made them out to be. Thus I opted for getting one brush that I needed, a powder brush. Although it's not as soft as I thought it'd be it's still pleasant and not scratchy. It applies powder very evenly and doesn't make it patchy. I recommend trying it out if you're looking for an affordable face brush.


The next item on my favourites list is my self built palette from Inglot. Obviousy since I picked out the colours myself I'm very, very happy with them and I'm obsessed with using this palette to try to create new looks (hint hint a tutorial using this will be coming up). You can check out my thoughts, swatches and colour numbers here. 
 My second to last makeup favourite is this MANHATAN COLOUR SPLASH in MY MANDARINE. This is like a lip stain but not as it only (literally) gives a splash of colour, haha. It's very subtle but somehow it makes my make up complete. 
The last item in this section is this CAMOUFLAGE CREAM in 010 Ivory by CATRICE. It's just so good. Full coverage, creamy but too much so like the KICK ASS CONCEALER from Soap and Glory. Also it does not budge all day. I'm not recommending it, I'm telling you to go get it because you're missing out by not trying it out.





NAILS

I have two nail polish combos that I've been loving in this passing month.

The first one is the AVON GEL FINISH polish in LAVENDER SKY on my thumb, index and pinky fingers and the EYE CANDY polish in MINTY on my middle and ring fingers with the NYC topcoat over them. I painted my nails like this twice in a row and each time they kept for a WEEK. The colours are indeed fantastic but I think the top coat is the thing worth recommending the most.



 My last favourite for this section and for these favourites is the MALIBU nail polish with no name that I cannot find online -.- It's a fire engine red and to me it's sophisticated whilst still being fun, summery and sexy. It's also a perfect transition colour between summer and autumn so if you can manage, then check it out.













I hope you enjoyed this post and stay tuned until the next one x

No comments:

Post a Comment